Where most service businesses charge by time, my approach is different. With Reed’s Agreed Pricing (RAP) you’ll know my price before I begin work. No estimates. No ranges. No hourly rates.
Before I talk to you about price, I will listen carefully to you and ask the right questions to understand your needs and how I can meet them. If together, we are satisfied that I can move you to where you want to be, I will scope the work and propose a price. This may involve giving you some options. In other words, the price will be a function of the scope of the work and the value I anticipate creating, not the time me and my team spend on it.
Reed’s Agreed Pricing In Four Steps:
- We have a conversation as above.
- I respond with a proposal with price options.
- If acceptable, I ask you to sign a formal price agreement.
- I get to work as soon as possible.
What I Don’t Do
- No hourly rates: I believe billing on time is unethical and can promote inefficiencies and delays.
- No estimates or ranges: Our agreed price will not change if the scope of work doesn’t change.
- No bills in arrears or hidden extras: No unforeseen bills or extras for hosting, printing, mail etc.
Benefits to Using Reed’s Agreed Pricing
- Better customer experience: I don’t waste your time on entering time on a timesheet or monitoring the length of each phone call.
- Incentives: I value your need for a swift and positive resolution to your matter. My perfect project finishes as soon as I meet your objectives.
- Shared risk: I share the risk on pricing with your business.
- Price certainty: My proposal will set out exactly what you have to pay and when, this will allow you to budget and there will never be a surprise bill.
- Transparency: Clarity over costs which have been agreed up front.
- Collaboration: Involving my clients in the design process, giving you greater control.
- Better communication: You will not be charged for every phone call made or every email sent. The agreed price includes all of that. You can pick up the phone and speak with me without fear of extra charges.
My Price & Service Guarantee to you
My work is guaranteed to the complete satisfaction of my clients. If you are not satisfied with my services I will accept a portion of the price that reflects your level of value received. Upon receipt of each of your scheduled payments or within seven days of receipt of your invoice, I will deem you have been satisfied.
Furthermore, if you ever receive an invoice without first authorising the service, payment terms, and price, you are not obligated to pay for that service.