Having a very clear product offering that displays why someone should buy, what’s included in the offer, who the offer is targeted at with a price point that fits is a customer is the icing on the cake to the ultimate ecommerce store.
With that being said it offers the most amount of optimisation tips.
- Always add the number and rating of product reviews directly under the product name.
- Use product videos to enhance your popular offers.
- Show all descriptions and attributes in the open, don’t hide detail behind tabs.
- Utilise dynamic value pricing when you can. An old airline CEO once said you must have 6500 prices for 6500 customers.
- Use After Pay (US can use Affirm) and other financing options is a great way to offer pricing options with easy purchase options.
- Use scarcity when you have low stock or only sell in a certain time period.
- Don’t use this just to build scarcity when you have 100 items in stock. That’s just lying and customers can sniff it out.
- When a product is ‘out of stock’ make sure a notification option for restocking is present.
- Make sure ‘Add to Cart’ button navigates straight to cart page or 1-page checkout.
- In the CSS change font-size to 16px or higher for body text.
- Add sizing guide as photo for clothing and apparel brands.
- For easy reading use colours a few tones lighter than black. #000 is usually a little abrasive for reading a lot. Try other hex codes like #333, #444 or #555 …#999 might be a bit too light.